These days, more individuals look for tooth-colored fillings for natural-looking teeth while laughing, talking, and smiling. These composite fillings blend well with tooth enamel and don't appear like metal fillings. They restore the natural appearance of a decayed tooth and are best suited to reinstate the front of your mouth.
Tooth-Colored Filling Material
Tooth-colored fillings are incredibly durable and are typically used for small to moderate-sized restorations. More people consider a natural-looking filling to complement the surrounding teeth. And because of this, tooth-colored fillings are becoming the norm. The filling material used for these composite fillings is a mixture of plastic, silica, and glass particles.
It is safe, solid, and replicates the qualities of the natural tooth structure like clarity, translucency, and resistance to wear. This rigid composite filling genuinely enhances aesthetics.
Advantages of Tooth-Colored Composite Fillings
- It requires only one visit to the dental clinic to restore the teeth.
- The composite material bonds to the tooth adhesively, providing further support to the tooth. It requires a smaller amount of the healthy tooth to be removed to hold the filling in place.
- These fillings offer good durability and resistance to withstand pressure from the constant stress of chewing.
- They are a perfect pick for people who prefer natural-looking fillings. They are best suited for use in front teeth or visible parts of teeth.
- It is a cosmetic procedure designed specially to restore minor cracks and chips of teeth.
- Composite resin is an ideal option for individuals who have an allergy to metal fillings.
Tooth Filling Procedure
At our dental clinic, we use tooth-colored fillings to treat cavities efficiently and with lasting results. After your tooth is examined, our dentist may use a local anesthetic to numb the area around the infected tooth in case the cavity is deep. Next, the dentist will clean the decayed portion of the tooth to remove debris, ensuring complete removal of the bacteria to prepare the space for the filling. Our dentists will prepare the composite resin to create a perfect match of the color and shade of your existing tooth.
At Christensen Dental, we take extra care to ensure that the filling perfectly blends once we harden the material. After this, the dentist will place the prepared resin inside your tooth cavity and then shape the filling material until uniformly distributed. Once done correctly, the dentist will harden the resin using a special curing light. We will shape and trim off the excess material for desired results and polish the final restoration.
Tooth-colored fillings require no extra care and maintenance than natural teeth. With good oral hygiene, including brushing twice a day with fluoridated toothpaste and regular flossing, your fillings can last for at least ten years.
Please reach out to our dental practice in Henderson, NV, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Christensen. Please call us at (702) 331-2121 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.