Teeth whitening is a standard aesthetic treatment for individuals looking to enhance their smile and appearance. If you are also facing teeth staining and wish for a smile makeover, professional teeth whitening at Christensen Dental offers a highly effective solution to enhance your appearance.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
- It gives you a brighter and more appealing smile.
- It can be performed in a single, one-hour appointment.
- It makes you feel good about yourself and boosts your self-esteem and confidence.
- Removal of dental staining reinforces the health and strength of your teeth and reduces the likelihood of cavities and gum diseases.
- Professional teeth whitening is highly customized for your individual requirements. It is tailored to your specific needs, offering the exact level of whitening you want.
- It is carefully monitored by dental experts who adjust levels of the whitening agent and protect your soft tissues from damage.
- Backed by good oral hygiene at home, professional teeth whitening offers long-lasting results.
Teeth Whitening Procedure
We recommend consulting a dentist to bleach your teeth. Our dental team at Christensen Dental can draw out the best teeth whitening options for you and closely monitor your treatment plan to avoid complications.
We do professional teeth whitening at our dental clinic in about an hour. The bleaching procedure involves the application of a whitening gel to your teeth. It is done three times, at 20-minute intervals, with reapplication of the gel in-between intervals. Later, our dentist aims a specialized heating lamp at your teeth.
We use a protective barrier during the procedure to protect your gums, lips, and tongue from the whitening gel. For optimal results, we provide whitening trays molded for your teeth so that you can follow up at home with bleaching solutions.
Maintaining Your Results
Teeth whitening is not permanent, and it may start to fade if you do not maintain healthy oral habits. The level of whiteness also varies from person to person. Some tips to keep your teeth bright and maintain whitening involves:
- Keep away from staining foods and drinks to keep your smile bright.
- Immediately rinse or brush after having stain-causing food or drinks.
- Always use a straw for sipping dark-colored beverages.
- Include fruits, veggies, and calcium-rich food in your daily diet.
- Avoid chewing tobacco, smoking cigarettes, and cigars.
- Get regular professional teeth cleanings to remove plaque, stains and keep the teeth looking great.
- Maintain good oral hygiene and floss and brush daily to remove plaque.
- Use a whitening toothpaste twice a week to remove stains and prevent teeth yellowing.
- We also recommend follow-up treatments every six months.
Please reach out to our dental practice in Henderson, NV, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Christensen. Please call us at (702) 331-2121 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.