We Now Offer Laser Therapy
Posted by CHRISTENSEN DENTAL on Aug 18 2020, 07:04 AM
A laser, which stands for light amplification by the stimulated emission of radiation, is a modern technology instrument that produces high-intensity light. The instrument is utilized in various dental treatments to remove and reshape tissues. The beam of light produced by the laser creates the reaction when it is projected on the tissue.
Laser Dentistry Treatments
- Periodontal Disease Treatment: The dentist uses the laser to remove the infected gums of the patient. It is also used to reshape the gums after the treatment, which also induces the tissue to repair itself.
- Canker Sore Treatment: Lasers are used to treat the shallow sores at the base of the gums. It helps to quickly clear canker sores.
- Preparing Gums for a Crown:The dentist uses a laser to prepare the soft tissue around the base of the tooth to facilitate the placement of a crown.
- Tongue Tie Treatment: Some people experience a dental condition called a tongue tie. It causes dental decay and inflammation of the gums. The laser helps to treat a tongue tie.
Advantages of Laser Treatment
- Laser is a quick treatment that does not require anesthesia.
- The instrument is precise and accurately targets the diseased areas.
- The laser causes less pain and bleeding compared to traditional treatments.
- It aids in faster healing of the treatment area.
- Laser preserves the natural tooth during cavity removal.
Questions and Answers
- Why Does the Dentist Use a Laser During Treatment?
The laser provides precision in treatment and offers better results. It can be used during several dental procedures for various purposes.
- What Symptoms Signify the Need for Laser Therapy?
Dental problems like tooth decay and gum diseases signify the need for laser therapy. It can also be used for tooth whitening and lesion removal.
- Can Lasers Harm the Eyes?
The patients are provided with protective glasses that should be worn during laser therapy. It provides protection from the light beam and reduces exposure to laser light.
Lasers are effective treatment tools in dentistry when performed by qualified dentists. They are safe and provide immediate results to patients.
Christensen Dental, located in Henderson, NV, provides laser therapy for various dental conditions. Call (702) 331-2121 and book an appointment with the dentistry to know more about laser therapy or book an appointment for a complete dental checkup.